THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE IT?Plan B One-Step® should be taken
as soonas possible within 72 hours (3 days).
When did you have unprotected sex or birth control failure?
Enter date and time:
Did You Know...?
- Plan B One-Step® works in a similar way to birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. However, it should not be used as regular birth control as it is not as effective.
- Sperm can live in the female reproductive tract for 5 to 6 days.2
- A woman's chances of becoming pregnant from unprotected sex are approximately 20%-25% each menstrual cycle—even if it's her first time.3
- Douching, washing, or urinating after sex does not decrease the chances of pregnancy, as sperm enter the cervix immediately and are out of reach.4
- A woman can become pregnant from unprotected sex that takes place any time from 5 days before ovulation to 1 day afterwards.5
- A 28-day ovulation cycle is only an average; every woman's cycle is different and varies.6
The #1 OB/GYN recommended emergency contraceptive brand* has moved to the aisle.1
*Survey of 916 OB/GYNs, February 2014.